There are now five major influences on my creative writing although these are ever evolving:
- My Family History ~ My quest to find out that my great-grandmother who was born on the island of Alderney and, not out of choice, relocated to Woolston Southampton.
- The island of Alderney itself. It is wild, beautiful and like no other and each time I visit I come to love it more.
- Woolston, Southampton, which holds many happy memories of visits to grandparents and holidays as a child.
- Social History ~ learning, and to a certain amount predicting, how events in history had an impact on everyday lives.
- Early Flight ~ With my uncle and grandpa working at Supermarine before the war, until it was bombed and they were relocated. Once I started my research I became fascinated by those early pilots; their daring in venturing into the unknown.
I have written a great deal about one, two and three above and so my next two blogs will focus on four and five. You can see these influences in the cloud of topics to the right hand side of this blog and, for those of you who like things neat and structured, I apologise. I can only follow where my heart leads me and I am glad many of you have enjoyed and shared my thoughts.
My ideas for future writing are beyond these five elements, but all seem to share a common thread.
What are the influences in your writing?