‘In a nutshell,‘ if you’ll excuse the cliche, my hopes for my writing life for the first quarter of 2016 are:
- To plan the book launch celebration of my Fife Fantasy, ‘From Redundancy to Rejuvenation ~ A Writer’s Fantasy Walk Along the Fife Coastal Path.’
- To promote the book in tourist centres and bookshops around the south east of Scotland
- To return to blogging. I have two blogs. This one is of all things writerly and my other http://www.selectionsofreflections.wordpress.com will continue with the theme of Pilgrims and Allegories but will be interspersed with stories of my life here in Fife and in our campervan down in the south
- To get back into the life of social media after a break
- To begin to support a dear friend and fellow writer to complete her debut novel
- To focus on social media promotion of new novel/memoir including giveaways
- To reflect on the business needs and focus of Eventispress and how my move to Scotland will reflect on the direction it will take in 2016
- To begin to set aside time to write again. (This is a huge one for me having been out of the habit of writing regularly for well over a year!)
- To support one of our authors in Eventispress to get his book into paperback form
Having just moved from our home in Bedfordshire to our new life back in Fife, Scotland my mind has been preoccupied of late with unpacking boxes, visits to IKEA, helping hubby to build shelves and deciding where to put up pictures – so much so that there has been little room for my writing life. Then there was Christmas and New Year too!
Now the fog in my writing mind has begun to lift, it has been so helpful to begin to plan 2016 and in sharing my thoughts with you it has not only helped me, but this has also become a commitment so I thank you for being there. I’ll let you know how I get on.